Non-Profit Organizations, particularly in NYC, face daunting obstacles in providing for their office space needs . . .
· Fund-raising for occupancy costs is difficult. Funders would rather support programs than administrative costs. As a result, tight budget restrictions limit the choice of possible locations.
· Choice is further limited, especially in a tight market, by landlord preferences. Some will just not rent to non-profits. Others insist on lease clauses that unreasonably restrict visitor traffic.
· Executive Directors and Board Members are attracted to their positions by the mission of the organization, by the opportunity to help make the world a better place. Their experience with commercial real estate, however, may be limited.
· Their experience with landlords and agents, and with the peculiar economics of real estate, is usually even more limited. This puts them at a severe disadvantage in negotiating with professionals who wheel and deal in real estate day in and day out.
· Even when a real estate service firm is retained to provide assistance, the account is unlikely to be assigned to a senior professional. Small and mid-sized non-profits simply do not receive the same level of service that Fortune 500 companies routinely expect.
Click here to see what can go wrong in your relocation.
Click on the cover for Square Feet, our 56-page office leasing survival guide (in PDF format for free download).
CSI CONSULTANTS INC. offers non-profits a level of service and expertise previously available only to major corporations and institutions.
Small and mid-sized non-profits can now receive top-drawer real estate services, usually at no out-of-pocket cost.
Give us a call to discuss your needs, and find out how we can help.
CSI Consultants Inc.
Tel: (845) 566-1267